A new Career and Technical Education (CTE) Resource Center and Website from TEA (Texas Education Agency) offer students personalized, flexible learning delivered by experts with over 120 programs of study in more than 79 career pathways. Career and technical education programs offer a sequence of courses that provides students with coherent and rigorous content. CTE content is aligned with challenging academic standards and relevant technical knowledge and skills needed to prepare for further education and careers in current or emerging professions.
The intent is for CTE to deliver real-world options and skills to students for college and career, as well as:
- To fuel a journey for students to explore career options and personal passions through authentic and rigorous learning;
- To Impart meaningful information on careers in high-skill, high-wage, or high-demand occupations;
- To provide a rigorous and relevant pathway for students seeking immediate entry into a career or postsecondary education;
- To allow students to achieve industry-based certifications and gain relevant technical knowledge and skills; and
- To expand the high school experience by providing opportunities for work-based learning.
For more information, please visit http://www.txcte.org/