Partners Resource Network and Region 10 are collaborating on a series of Facebook Lives to share quick at-home learning tips to support parents as they help their children with disabilities transition to remote learning during the COVID-19 pandemic.
This series will focus not just on academic issues, but emotional, behavioral and mental health concerns. Our guest presenters and topics will include:
- Wednesday, March 25 @ 1:00pm – Tips for setting routines and managing behavior – Layne Pethick, Ph.D., Behavior Consultant and Autism Specialist, and Katrina Mathis, M. Ed., Behavior Management Consultant
- Thursday, March 26 @ 2:00pm – Mental health and behavioral concerns that some families may be dealing with in the face of school closures – Keya Saleh, Licensed Specialist in School Psychology (LSSP)
- Tips for working with your child on academic and functional skills – Lien Vo, Occupational Therapist
- Tips for practicing mobility tasks in the home – Dr. Lois Goodin, Physical Therapist
- Tips on facilitating choice making and working on communication skills – Pam Sepulvado, Speech-Language Pathologist
As dates and times are confirmed, we will post the information on our Facebook page.
To join the Facebook Live, simply go to our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PRNTexas/ on the date and time listed above.