Partners Resource Network (PRN) is a non-profit agency that operates the Texas statewide network of Parent Training and Information Centers [PTI’s are funded by the US Department of Education, Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP)]. The PTI Projects are: PATH, PEN, and TEAM.
We help parents to:
- Understand their child’s disability;
- Understand their rights and responsibilities under IDEA;
- Obtain and evaluate resources and services;
- Participate as team members with professionals in planning services for their children.
- Individual assistance over the phone and in-person to families who have questions about their child’s needs.
- Workshops for parents and professionals take place on an ongoing basis throughout Texas.
- Resources such as printed publications and online materials are available on a variety of relevant topics.
How do I get started?
Call us at our state office at 1.800.866.4726 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our regular office hours are Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Is there a cost?
No. All of our services are provided at no cost to parents of infants, toddlers, children and youth with all types of disabilities.
What can I expect when I call?
You will be asked some basic information to direct your call to the appropriate person. The majority of PRN staff are parents of children with disabilities themselves who understand what you are experiencing and are ready to help you help your child.
What if I’m not sure if PRN can help me?
Call us anyway! PRN offers many services and can provide contacts for other national, state and community resources, so chances are, there is something to fit your needs.
Director of Statewide Services
Training & Evaluation Specialist