Dude, Where’s My Transition Plan?
We are happy to share our newest resource booklet, Dude, Where’s My Transition Plan? with you!
Speaking directly to youth with disabilities, this booklet includes multiple transition planning worksheets, several checklists, and discussions of self-advocacy.
The booklet is available in English and Spanish:
Travel Training and Transportation Services
Travel training is an area of transition planning and transition services that looks at training people with disabilities to get around safely and independently – whether on foot or in a wheelchair, on a bike or scooter, in a car, or using public transportation. To learn more, watch the video below and then check out the travel guide.
Career Opportunities and High School Endorsements
Students in high school have the unique opportunity to select at least one of five available endorsement options, allowing them to enroll in specific elective courses based on the student’s career interests and abilities.
Taking electives within your endorsement choice will allow you an early glimpse into the fields you are interested in, so you will have a head start in your college classes or vocational training. Additional resources can be found at House Bill 5: Foundation High School Program
This series of bulletins from the Texas Workforce Commission takes a closer look at each endorsement area and connects those endorsement pathways to career opportunities.
Each comprehensive issue contains vital information about the guidelines of the Foundation High School program and endorsement selection requirements. In addition, they feature careers that are specific to each endorsement area and the accompanying labor market information for each job title.
Determine Your Minimum Salary Needs
Texas Reality Check is a Lifestyle calculator. It will show you will how much your living expenses will cost, and the amount of money you will need to earn to pay for them. This tool will:
- Walk-through expenses you will incur each month.
- Determine your minimum salary needs.
- Explore occupations that will earn you the salary you will need.
Personal Branding to Land a Job
Watch the video below to learn how to make a better professional impression through your personal brand online and in-person.
Youth Leadership Fact Sheets
- 4 Steps for Stronger Self-Advocacy
- 5 Memory Tips and Tricks
- Assertive Communication
- Disability Disclosure – Advantages and Disadvantages
- Disability Disclosure in Postsecondary Education
- Disability Disclosure on the Job
- How to Negotiate to Get What You Want or Need
- Major Differences Between High School and Postsecondary Disability Services
- Reasonable Accommodation at Work
- Self-Advocacy and My ARD/IEP
- Self-Advocacy in Higher Education
- Student Action Plan Against Bullying
- Tips for Communicating with Teachers
- What is Self-Determination?
- Why Should I Become A Self-Advocate?