ARD/IEP teams must consider In-Home and Community-Based Training as well as Parent/Family Training and Support for students with Autism. However, many districts do not have a good understanding of these strategies or how to determine appropriate training and support.
The In-Home and Community-Based Training & Parent/Family Training and Support resource manual on the ESC 10 website provides information, procedural guidance and practical considerations for trainers responsible for developing and implementing individualized in-home & community-based services and individualized Parent/Family Support services.
This manual provides information on:
- how to conduct a needs assessment from a collection of several sources
- a structured interview process that investigates identified areas of need
- how to write a written report that summarizes collected data
- information and recommendations for goals/objectives
- sample forms that can be used by LEAs to create forms that best fit their needs
Download the In-Home and Community-Based Training & Parent/Family Training and Support resource manual at http://www.region10.org/special-education/autism/