Resources for More Information on COVID-19
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC) – People at Risk for Serious Illness from COVID-19
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Texas Department of Health and Human Services
- List of County Public Health Entities in Texas
- Major Texas cities: Austin, Corpus Christi, Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, Lubbock, San Antonio
Guidance from the U.S. Department of Education (USDE)
- USDE: Q&A on Providing Services to Children with Disabilities During the Coronavirus Disease 2019 Outbreak (PDF) March 13, 2020
- USDE: COVID-19 (“Coronavirus”) Information and Resources for Schools and School Personnel
- USDE: Addressing the Risk of COVID-19 in Schools While Protecting the Civil Rights of Students Fact Sheet (PDF) March 16, 2020
- OCR Short Webinar on Online Education and Website Accessibility March 17, 2020
- Secretary DeVos: New Resources for Educators and Leaders on Flexibility, Privacy, and Educating students with Disabilities during Coronavirus Outbreak March 12, 2020
Guidance from the Texas Education Agency (TEA)
- TEA: COVID19 and Special Education in Texas Q&A (PDF) Updated March 26, 2020
- TEA: COVID 19 and Special Education in Texas (PDF) March 20, 2020 – TEA has published guidance for Texas public schools regarding the current COVID 19 pandemic and students with disabilities served by special education. This guidance is intended to compliment what was published on March 12, 2020 by the United States Department of Education (ED), Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP).
- TEA: COVID-19 Initial Guidance and FAQs
- TEA: Updates on policies and procedures related to special education complaints, mediation, and due process hearings:
- Notice Special Education Complaints & Resolution Requests (PDF) March 20, 2020
- Notice Special Education Due Process Hearing Requests (PDF) March 20, 2020
- Notice Special Education Mediation Requests (PDF) March 20, 2020
- Aviso demandas de educación especial o solicitudes de reconsideración (PDF) 20 Marzo 2020
- Aviso solicitudes de audiencia de debido proceso de educación especial (PDF) 20 Marzo 2020
- Aviso Solicitudes de Mediación de Educación Especial (PDF) 20 Marzo 2020
- TEA: Webpage dedicated to information and guidance related to COVID-19
- Disability Rights Texas – Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak: Protecting the Rights of Students with Disabilities in Public Schools
- Disability Rights Texas – Resources, news, and other information important to people with disabilities regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic
- Legal FAQs on Coronavirus, School Closings, and Special Education from Understood.org
- COVID-19 and Students with Disabilities from the National Center for Special Education in Charter Schools
- Tele-Intervention and Distance Learning Resources from ECTA
- Supporting Individuals with Autism through Uncertain Times – Free online toolkit designed to help families and caregivers supporting individuals with autism during the COVID-19 epidemic. It includes user-friendly strategies, ready-made resources and examples, and links to additional supports to help families navigate this time.
- Texans Urged to Use 2-1-1 Texas Social Services Hotline For COVID-19 Information and Referrals
- Talking to Children About COVID-19 (Coronavirus): A Parent Resource (Available in English, Spanish, Amharic, Chinese, and Korean)
- Activities to Keep Kids Busy at Home – If kids have to stay home or activities are canceled because of the virus, it can be hard to find ways to keep them busy. Discover activities to keep kids occupied—and learning—at home from Understood.org
- How to Talk About Coronavirus With Kids from Understood.org – Many kids find news about the virus upsetting or confusing. It can be especially hard for kids who have trouble processing information or managing emotions.
- Get tips for talking about coronavirus with kids.
- From handwashing to anxiety, get tips on helping kids cope.
- Hear about coronavirus anxiety from Amanda Morin, and what she does to avoid passing it along to her kids.
- Rapid Response Resources: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) from Policy Innovators in Education (PIE)
Resources in Spanish
- COVID19 y Educación Especial en Texas Actualizado el 20 de marzo de 2020
- Guía interina para los administradores de programas de cuidados infantiles y escuelas de kínder a 12o grado de los EE. UU. para planificar, preparar y responder a la enfermedad del coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19)
- Qué decir y hacer si la escuela cierra por el coronavirus
- Hable con sus hijos sobre el COVID-19 (Coronavirus). Un recurso para padres